Thursday, December 11, 2008

I've been psyching myself up to potty train Tommy for the last month or so and the original plan was to do it over Christmas break. But as that time draws closer, I am getting cold feet. So last week I decided I would wait til we're both ready. I mean, do I really want to be cleaning up the grossness that is pee pee and poopoo on Christmas?? But Tuesday at his school, I was talking to another mom about potty training and how she was able to succeed with her four kids. She said her pediatrician said 27 months is the magic age (Peter do you agree?). Now I'm confused because I was taught that there's no magic age for anything! Except maybe driving, voting, and drinking. But being potty trained? But it freaked me out because at this very moment he's 27 months old. However, next Wednesday he turns 28 months old. I don't want to miss my window!!

So I've talked to him lots about it since then and every time I change his diaper we talk about how some wonderful day he'll wear big boy pants and sit on a big boy toilet. This morning before the potty training conversation, we were talking about Christmas and I asked him "Who's coming to your house on Christmas?" hoping for the "Santa!" response, but instead I got "A toyet!"

1 comment:

  1. I definitely don't think there's a magic age for potty training. I have a great friend who had both her kids done on their 2nd birthday. I tried Wyatt a few months after he turned 2 and he just didn't get it. He wasn't potty trained until he was 3. I think with boys it's a little later. I've always heard and read the magic formula is when they start telling you they have to pee or poop. That's supposedly the sign. Who knows though really?? =) Good luck training Tommy!

    ReplyDelete