Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tommy meets Santa


We attempted the Santa thing. Tommy's been talking so much about Santa these past few weeks so I asked him if he wanted to go see the real Santa at the mall (is he the real Santa? Or do all the mall Santas help the real Santa?). He got so excited and kept telling everyone we passed in Kohl's that we were going to see Santa at the "moss"! When we finally got there we walked over to where Santa was and I could feel Tommy's grip on my hand tighten a little. Then I picked him up to see Santa from the side and he thought it was great. Waving to Santa and all of that. Until I pressed my luck. I asked him if he wanted to go sit on Santa's lap and suddenly it was "All done Santa!" and he buried his head in my shoulder until we passed. But after Santa was out of site, he chattered all throughout the mall about how Santa had a red coat just like him and pants. I'm not sure why he was so impressed that Santa was wearing pants, but he kept saying "Santa wearing pants?" so I just went with it.

On the way back, he couldn't stop talking about Santa and so I said, "Tommy do you like Santa?"
"Yes"
"Do you want Santa to come to your house on Christmas Eve and bring you presents?"
"Yes"
Do you want to go see Santa again?"
"No"

1 comment:

  1. I was a mall Santa one year. The strangest thing was after I changed out of my outfit after my shift was over I would still want to wave to kids and give them a hug. I'd take a step and see I didn't have that red furry suit and thankfully remember to take a step back.

    Here was my blog on Santa Claus And Stranger Danger yesterday:

    "Stay away from strangers!"
    "Don't take candy from anyone you don't know."
    "Yell, if you see anything unusual."

    And then comes Christmas.

    "Look, honey, see the big fat old guy with the long scraggly beard and hair? The one whose wearing red and white fur. Look, he's offering you a candy cane! Why don't you go sit on his lap?"

    ReplyDelete