Saturday, December 13, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Today was the big day. My first annual holiday recital was today and it was great. Of course the kids were nervous, but they all did great. And my good buddy Rachel Boeselt sang "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" with me on piano, so I feel like we ended with a bang. And Matthew was awesome as our emcee! I am making a public apology right now for not getting him on board for this recital until last night! He did my spring recital and did an awesome job and I just kept forgetting to ask him. But of course he pulled it through for me and did great.

Tommy didn't take a nap today. Or yesterday. And tonight he fell asleep on my lap while we watched "Elmo in Grouchland" (Dean was watching it for the second time today). It was 6:00. Hopefully he sleeps through the night and doesn't wake up remembering that he hasn't had lunch or dinner today. Don't worry, we don't starve our child, he's just been snacking all day. Tomorrow we need to get back on track and eat right!

Had a great dinner last night with friends Adam and Teri Hill, Matt Long, and Matt Robinson. It was fun to get the worship leaders from two different Tallahassee churches in one room. A lot of the conversation went way over my head (I know nothing about amps and guitar pedals and basic sound guy stuff), but still lots of fun.

Well, tomorrow's Sunday. As Dean says, Sunday always comes. And after the amazing night we had at The Moon last Sunday, I'm so excited about tomorrow. I love that I'm so excited about my church!

1 comment:

  1. I second the getting excited. Even watching the service on-line with mom and applauding sarah wags' couch, still can't do the in-person experience justice.

    ReplyDelete