Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

The culmination of our Valentine's Day preparations has finally arrived. I guess Tommy decided to wake up early for the occasion. Despite our hanging a calendar and a clock in his room in an effort to teach him that we don't wake up before 6:30, especially on Saturdays and Sundays, he was up and ready to go this morning at 6:00. Today is Saturday. And rainy. Totally a day where you just want to snuggle under the covers all morning. But I humored him and got him up and we snuggled on the couch while watching an hour or so of Clifford.

I think the steroids that I've been on have left me feeling a little funny, so one of Dean's gifts to me today is to take Tommy for a boys' day out for a while so I can relax here. And I'm soooooo pumped to take a shower! I've had an IV in my arm for the last 3 days so it's been a one-armed bath and this shower is right up my alley today (don't worry, I don't stink).

Tonight (thanks to my fabulous brother in law and his amazing girlfriend for babysitting Tommy) Dean and I have reservations at Fusion, one of my favorite Tallahassee restaurants. It's one of those places with a funky atmosphere and even funkier food. We only go on special occasions, but if you live in the Tallahassee area, it's absolutely worth a try. I'll have to post sometime about my favorite Tallahassee local spots. Another day though, another day.

1 comment: