Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Will You Be My Valentine?

Tonight officially began Valentine's season. Now I know that normally Valentine's Day is just celebrated for a day or two with a nice date and maybe some chocolates... certainly not for weeks on end. Unless you have a two-year-old and want to relive your childhood through him. We've put gel cling hearts on our windows. I made heart doilies out of napkins (thanks to Martha Stewart Living). I've got all my ingredients ready for a week's worth of heart shaped ginger sugar cookies (again, thanks Martha). And tonight we began the sacred task of making Valentines. We've talked about it for the last few days and Tommy has been so excited, albeit confused. He keeps asking where Valentine is and I think he's looking for a magical character like Santa Clause or something. He clearly didn't understand when I explained that we make valentines.

So after dinner tonight I got out the construction paper and crayons, glue, scissors, and glitter. I had visions of cutting hearts out of many colors and sizes and pasting them together, attaching cute little decorations. What resulted turned out more like an explosion of glitter and scraps from cutting out those hearts. In fact, I think I have a piece of glitter in my throat now. The stuff multiplies, you know. But at the end of the night, Tommy was happy and he had used some creativity. And I had used some paper towels. So all is well.



On a more serious note, I'm still not sure what's up with my eye. I'm determined to have some sort of scan tomorrow, whether it's ordered for me by one of my doctors or I go to the ER and just wait until they do an MRI or something. I'd estimate that since Friday of almost two weeks ago, I've lost 50-70% of the vision in my left eye with no sign of it improving. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment