Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mom in Town

As I sit here typing this, my mom is at Publix getting groceries to make dinner tonight. I love when my mom comes to visit! And not just because she does my shopping or cooking (though that is amazing, don't get me wrong). Since my parents live in Fort Lauderdale, which is about 450 miles from here, I don't get to see them quite as often as I'd like... although since my dad worked for Delta Airlines a number of years they have some pretty awesome flight benefits. So they probably get to visit every 2-3 months. Every time she sees Tommy, he changes drastically and has a completely new vocabulary so it's always fun to get to watch them interact.

This time she'll be staying extra long (it's usually about 24 hours) and will be here until next Thursday. My dad will fly up Wednesday morning after finishing up his work week on Tuesday night and then the two of them will head back to the sunny south Florida beach on Thursday morning. With all this extra time, we'll be able to shop, cook, bake, do random crafty things with Tommy, and just hang out. Technically I'm supposed to be resting (I'm just finishing up the end of my steroid stuff and my knees are sore from all the fluid retention), but I think we'll still manage to have a little fun. So stay tuned for updates on fun "mom and me" activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment