Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend Recap

I don't have a major brain tumor. That's the preliminary result of my MRI that I had on Friday. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. I don't know anything else or why my eye is still blurry, but at least I'm not dying. Always good to know.

So I got to go on the retreat. And it was so much fun! I was completely exhausted from the beginning and getting up at 6:30 on a Saturday morning to flip about 350 pancakes doesn't help with the fatigue. Thank you to all my pancake flipping and sausage turning peeps!


But I've had a day to recover now and reflect on the time. I love my church. I love the people there. I am in love with my pastor (haha, how many of you can say that?) And even more than all of that, I love how my church helps me to love Jesus even more.

Had a great time with Jill and Andy. And I had a special treat in getting to do some music with them (I'll be tickling the ivories of Godby's grand piano tonight while they're on acoustics). It was pretty neat practicing with them in our living room. And it reminded me of how incredibly small our house really is. When you try to cram 5 people around our dinner table, one with a guitar, and a two year old running all around, you just kind of have to go with it. But oh so much fun.



I have a neurology appointment in the morning that should tell a little more about the MRI, such as what might be causing all this nonsense. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment