Tuesday, February 17, 2009

School Today

I had the pleasure of working with Tommy and 16 of his two-year-old friends at his "preschool" today. The way it works is that I get to drop him off there every Tuesday morning from 9-12 for an unbelievably low price of $25 every 6 weeks and I just volunteer to work it and bring a snack one of those weeks. So today was my day.

I'm so glad I don't have 17 children! As they run around the room and take more toys out, I can't stop thinking "Oh my, this is only going to get messier... and it's only 9:30!" But Tommy just loves it and does so well there. According to his teacher, he's quite the little chef, putting food and other various items in the play oven and making "cookies" and toast, and everything has butter on it. And salad. Yes, salad on the toast and cookies. Apparently I eat lots of salad.

I was up at 6:45 peeling apples for the little tykes since they were studying Johnny Appleseed today. They were good but they all preferred the cheese more. Oh well. And now I'm getting ready to have 5 or 6 more kiddoes (not two, thankfully!) into my house for piano lessons so I should jet. But after that, I have a much needed massage, booked by my incredible husband, who has been so wonderful and selfless and caring while I haven't been feeling well. Thank you Dean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment