Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Football Season

It's that time of year again... school has started, the stores are beginning to put back to school items on clearance and they're making room for fall decorations. The weather is cooler in the mornings and at night (though still 90 in the day), and I'm getting a hankerin' to eat some acorn squash. Yes, fall is upon us. I suddenly want to smell cinnamon and pumpkins all day long and I have an intense desire to bake something I probably shouldn't eat.

But perhaps the most exciting part of the fall is football season. I know, it's all in how you look at it. Football and I have a love-hate relationship. I do enjoy the game, it's my favorite sport to watch. I have my teams that I cheer for and those I boo (I hate Kentucky... there, I said it). I love tailgates and the atmosphere that is a football game, whether it's high school or college (I'm not really into pro). And going to away games is always fun.

I do have some beef with football though. First of all, if a game is almost 4 hours long, it's just too long. And the whole 2 minute warning thing... that totally means 15-20 minutes. On a side note, when I was little and I would want my dad to come outside while he was watching a game, he would tell me he'd come as soon as it was over, and there were less than two minutes left. It didn't take me long to figure out that football time is not real time (it's ok Dad, you still came and played and I had lots of fun). And do we really need to watch it from the time Game Day starts (which I enjoy very much) to the time the West Coast game is over? Really?

Oh well, football season, here we come. And I'm truly excited about it. But to all you football widows out there (I'm not one), January is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment