Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Natural Flavors?

If you've read this blog or you know me at all, you might know that I attempt to eat healthy. By healthy, I don't necessarily mean low fat, low calorie, low taste. A lot of times I will buy a full fat item (cream soups, or crackers for example) and just make sure we don't eat the whole box at once. I've learned to be a label reader. And my rule is that if I can't read the whole label while standing there in the aisle at the grocery store without needing to stop for a lunch break (some of those labels are long!), then I can't buy it.

If you have been reading this for a while, you may also know that I'm really into couponing. I get giddy on Saturday nights because I can't wait to see which coupons will be in the paper. I'm also really pumped on Wednesday nights because on Thursday Publix switches their sales and I am so excited to see the items that will be BOGO (that's buy one get one... as in free... for you non-couponers). Yes, I'm a nerd. I know.

So today Ritz crackers were BOGO and I had a coupon for a free box of the new Ritz Crackerfuls with the purchase of Ritz crackers so I decided to get them. Since they were free and all. Well, when I got home and read the label, it practically said "to be continued..." at the end. Oh well. So then I kept reading the box and it advertised the crackers as having "Natural Flavors with Natural Flavors". What the heck does that mean? There was nothing natural in there!

But I bet they do taste good.

No comments:

Post a Comment