Sunday, September 13, 2009

New Look

True story: I was sitting on the couch, minding my own business, clipping coupons and getting ready to do the Sunday crossword puzzle (which is one of my new favorite Sunday night wind-down activities). Dean sweetly informed me that my layout for my blog was bad and because people read it (that's the rumor anyway), it needs to be better and I should go to a website where they customize blog layouts. Now he didn't actually know how to do this, but assumed that I could figure it out. Well, it's now been an hour and a half and I think I finally got something. Here's the short version of how I found this:

1) I went to The Cutest Blog on the Block and decided to pick one of their layouts. Apparently the link I picked sent me somewhere else and I sifted through more than 27 pages of blog backgrounds and layouts of anything from ponies and beaches to Jordin Sparks and Kanye West. I chose a fun floral design but when I finally figured out how to put it on my blog, it was terrible with the fonts.

2) I changed my fonts roughly 35 times and still was not able to find anything that looked decent. By this time I was beyond frustrated and was yelling at Dean for even suggesting that I change anything. Clearly all this confusion was directly his fault.

3) I deleted my last hour of work and went back to Cutest Blog on the Block. Then I realized that you don't actually have to click a link, the layouts are just right there. Seriously?!?

4) So I found something cute and took another 25 minutes to figure out how to post it. I suddenly no longer had a "layouts" tab and had to go get one. Very confusing.

5) After about 12 hours of being upset about the fact that my old "dots" were still on top of each post, I finally looked in the FAQ section of Cutest Blog on the Block. It gave me step-by-step instructions for removing them. Silly me.

So do you like my new look?

4 comments:

  1. Looks great to Meme and Bebe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look Krissie! It was so great running into you, Tommy and Dean at Hopkins a few weeks ago. You guys look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have asked the Doc... he's a wiz at these things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! and Kris- love the new layout :) Worth the work. Your last one wasn't bad though... tell dean to chill out :)

    ReplyDelete