Friday, September 25, 2009

Slammer Time

Today I did what every parent does but is told never to do.

I lied to my child.

A big lie.

We had to leave a little shindig at Karsyn's house because of a biting incident (he was the biter, not the bitee). I carried him out of the house kicking and screaming and we made it all the way to the car in this fashion. At one point, I had to put him down in the grass and just spank him (yes, I spank my child). That seemed to calm him down for a minute. Then when it came time to get in the car, still kicking and screaming, he decided that he didn't want to sit in his car seat and instead wanted to sit on the other side of the back seat. He's too big for me to wrestle with him while he's in the car, so I just did what every parent would do.

I told him that the police would stop me and take him to jail.

He immediately climbed into his car seat and let me buckle him in. And when he tried to unbuckle himself during the drive, I simply reminded him of the watchful eye of those nice policemen, and he put that seatbelt back on, thank you very much!

2 comments:

  1. It really wasn't THAT big of a lie. A 3 yr old not in a separate carrier car seat is a violation of Fla. Stat. 316.613. And sure, if you got caught Tommy might not get carted off to jail, but you would receive a $60 fine and 3 points on your license (or have to participate in a child restraint safety program to avoid the points).

    So really it was more of just "bending" the truth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel better now! However, it was the thought of his butt getting hauled off to jail (think Robin Hood cartoon movie jail... more like a dungeon) that freaked him out. But good to know about the fine and points. I can totally afford those :)

    ReplyDelete