Friday, September 11, 2009

Some Highlights (and Lowlights)

We have had an unusually busy last few days, but I do feel like there were some blog-worthy moments.

- We went to the Godby vs. Pace football game the other night. Tommy's really into football games, and he loves everything about them. He's a little confused though. While we were in the car he asked, "Are the football players going to sit on the bench and watch the band play?" Dean was only slightly devastated.

- I discovered a new milkshake/smoothie. I was reading Lynn and Sarah's blog and I came across this odd thing called a Green Monster. The description was enough to either make you want to vomit or get the recipe and find out more. I decided to follow the link she gave to the Green Monster website. You should definitely check it out. The basic Green Monster is flax seed, raw spinach, bananas, and almond milk. You can add in other stuff as well (blueberries, canteloupe, etc.). I drink them for breakfast and amazingly, you don't taste spinach at all. Not one bit. You may get some in your teeth though.

- I also tried a new wrap at our neighborhood cafe, Tuscan Sun. If you live anywhere near Killearn Lakes, you need to go there. And get the grilled chicken, walnut, and apple wrap with spring mix and cranberries and balsamic vinaigrette. Yum!

- We went to Maclay Gardens on Friday to go swimming in the lake with our friends. Tommy had a blast and there were 5 other toddlers about his age with us. Loads of fun. PS, I don't particularly care to swim in lakes (unless I'm skiing behind a boat or something like that) so I just waded up to my calves. And watched for gators.

On a downside, while we were there, one of the little boys got a wasp in his bathing suit and the darned thing stung him 4 times! He screamed and cried, but after a little while and a dose of benedryl, he was playing again as though nothing had happened. You gotta love the resilience of toddlers!

1 comment:

  1. The green monster is catching on. My sister will be so proud!

    ReplyDelete