Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I figure every blog today will share the blogger's New Year's Resolutions, so I decided to be different. Actually, I didn't make any resolutions... not because I don't believe in them, but it just kind of snuck up on me this year. However, at the risk of blending in with the rest of the crowd, I will share some highlights of 2008 and some things I'm really looking forward to in 2009.

2008:
What an incredible year for the Well! It was our first full year of existence and we saw major growth. Our One Year Anniversary celebration was incredible, just a chance for us to stop and reflect on God's faithfulness to us. Our Easter service at The Moon exceded everyone's expectations and was...memorable, to say the least. Our return to The Moon for the Christmas service was amazing - and we didn't even have to have the paramedics come out! People are really taking ownership of The Well and are proud to call it their Church. It's really humbling to watch.

Tommy turned two this year. It's funny, because when you're a first time mom of a newborn (maybe not just a first-time mom, maybe a mom in general) and you're nursing them every 2 hours round the clock and you become a walking zombie due to your lack of sleep and you begin to have crazy hallucinations, such as dropping them on the floor or losing them in the covers (this is all hypothetical, of course), you really don't think it's possible for them to survive the first few months, let alone make it to their second birthday! So not only did he survive, but he really started growing up! He learned to run and jump and play and talk like crazy. He's really a whole lot of fun now! And another huge excitement was that he was officially cleared from Shands by his neurosurgeon on June 5. Which means no surgery! We've come a long way from when he was a day old and we were told he would need surgery almost immediately. And we're unbelievably grateful.

Dean and I have been married for 5 years as of Sunday and honestly, each year gets better. I love him so much and am so proud of him and his obedience to what God has called him to do, both professionally and personally.

My brother moved to Tallahassee in March and it's been so great to have him here! After living with us for a few months, he still comes to stay every so often and I absolutley love it! Who knew that my annoying little brother while I was in school would turn out to be so great?

Things I'm Looking Forward to in 2009:
The Well's continued growth. Lots of really exciting things coming up this year, I can't wait to see it all played out. And relationships are being built that will last.

As Tommy continues to grow, I'm just excited to be a part of his every day experiences. Being a mom is more fun than I could have ever imagined (and harder, too!) and I can't wait to see what's in store for us this year... at least it won't be Shands!
We have a couple family vacations in the works and I'm really excited about those!

Dean and I are going to have an awesome year together... hopefully we'll finally get the new floors that we've been talking about for the last couple years! Not that that's what makes a year awesome. Anyway, it just keeps getting better.

In general, I think the thing I'm looking forward to most about 2009 is just continuing the relationships that I have and building new ones. Sounds trite and a bit cliche, I know, but that's a biggie for me.

So happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment