Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday, Monday (nah naaah, nah nah nah nah)

I've always liked that song... but it kind of makes you dread Mondays. Actually today is a pretty good Monday. Tommy and I will to go to our neighborhood park this afternoon and meet a new friend that I've only talked to on the phone. The sun is out and it's about 65 degrees, so I really can't complain!

Due to a stupid idea on my part yesterday of letting Tommy help me wash our car in the 60 degree weather (thus completely soaking himself in cold hose water), he was up a lot of the night last night coughing. He wound up in our bed at around 12:30 and at 4 I was able to put him back in his crib. All in a night's work, my friends.

Church last night was really great. On top of a powerful sermon about the problem of "me" and the great rope illustration (you can watch it here), there was also incredible music. Tonya was great - that girl can sing! And Matt Long is doing such an awesome job as our music/worship leader. And of course, my little brother Jason was on the couch... I'm so proud of him!

Another great thing about this weekend was the friends who came from out of town. It's always good to see the Knipples and Tommy absolutely loves Riley! They've been in Gainesville for about 8 months, but we're soooooo ready for them to come back to Tallahassee (no pressure there guys!) We went to Zoinks together yesterday and it was the cutest thing ever! I'll post pictures as soon as Lindsay gets them (of course I forgot my camera). And our other good friends, the Braddocks, were also in town. Jenna went to high school with me and Dean knew Brian in college before Dean and I met. So when we finally met and we realized we had a mutual friend couple, that was a pretty cool thing. So Jenna and I talked food while Dean and Brian talked sports. It was great!

So now I'm off to Chick Fil-A to play with some other friends. The funny thing about my free days (where I think I have nothing going on) is that by the time they're done, they are the most busy days I have. So here goes my crazy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment