Monday, January 5, 2009

Some Randoms

Last night at The Well was amazing. Yes, I feel like I say that every week, but this week was just incredible. The new set-up was awesome... let me just say that our volunteer set-up crew is great. Dean's message was outstanding. He really just gave a challenge based on what's been on his heart and in our conversations for the past I don't know how many months. And it's good to be back at Godby!

Aunt Sue is in town. And I'm exhausted! Let me explain. Sue is someone who is unbelievably (but not annoyingly) organized and her life's mission is to help other people organize and clean up their lives. So today while everyone else was working, she and Emily came over to help me clean out and straighten up my pantry/laundry room (it's really a pain having food and laundry in the same little room- I've washed boxes of rice and oatmeal that fall in my washing machine more times than I can count). After performing a small miracle in there, we moved onto everything else in the kitchen (yes, including the refridgerator and freezer), the whole time Sue happily asking "What's next?" My kitchen has been completely revitalized! When Dean came home and saw everything his exact quote was "Aside from Tommy's birth, this is the best thing that's happened to our family!" And after Emily successfully entertained Tommy enough so that he fell asleep, she took Dorsi for a good walk and then gave her kennel a deep cleaning. These people are amazing! And they're coming back tomorrow!

I ordered a wheat mill! So by the end of this week I should be able to make my own flour and cornmeal and all sorts of good stuff. I go back and forth between being ecstatic and thinking I'm absolutely insane. Right now I'm pumped. Dean just goes along with me.

Tommy and I had a great moment last night. I was reading his new Bible to him and we had just read the story of creation. We talked about how God made all the animals and plants and even him and the rest of our family. Afterwords, I asked if he wanted to pray and talk to God. He got all excited and asked if God was going to come to his house and sit on the couch with Daddy. How do you explain that one to a two-year-old?!? This afternoon the moment continued when I quizzed him again on creation before his nap.
"Tommy, who made Dorsi?"
"God"
"Who made Emily?"
"God"
"Who made Aunt Sue?"
"God"
"Who made the birds?"
"Aunt Sue"

I told you she's amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I think the wheat mill sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to hear all about it when you use it.=)

    ReplyDelete