Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One step closer to being Amish

I got my wheat mill yesterday. So as of now, I can grind all kinds of things into flour... hard and soft wheat, popcorn to make cornmeal (or is it corn flour? not sure), spelt, millet, and dried beans. And a whole slew of other things that I'm not quite sure of. I'm beyond excited! I have visions of never buying bread products again, just grinding my flour and making new bread every couple of days. Ambitious? Yes. A little nuts? Perhaps. But I can't wait to get started!

All I need to do now is have like 9 kids, make all their clothes (matching, of course), and homeschool them all.

3 comments:

  1. so buying some basic cloth patterns for a sweet new outfit from linen's and things would be right up Tommy's alley for the big 3 in August?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. We used to go to a farm museum in Virginia where you could practice grinding wheat and corn into flour. It was actually really fun.=) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...muffins made with grinded flour are quite a treat! You rock!

    ReplyDelete