Saturday, January 31, 2009

Learning to Pretend and Share (or maybe pretend to share)

Yesterday we got somewhat creative. Tommy really wanted to go to Publix (Yes, I have the only two-year-old in the world who requests Publix trips by name... don't be fooled, it's for the cookies that he gets) but I didn't need to go and I didn't feel that great, so we improvised. Since we don't have a shopping cart with toy food, he decided to use a wagon and put Elephant in. But of course, Elephant needed to be dressed first.

After Elephant got his pants on and unsuccessfully attempted to wear my shoes, Tommy loaded him in his wagon and off they went. He decided to buy a can of tomatoes, a bag of corn kernels, and a can of tuna. After taking it to the man at the checkout counter (aka Daddy), he wheeled Elephant back home (the dining room table) and sat down to share some food with Elephant.

I also made the mistake of teaching him how to pretend to be a bear and go in his cave (which happens to be under the dining room table). Now he constantly wants to be under there... which would be fine, but he always asks for Mommy bear to be under there too (guess who that would be). So if you need me, I'll be under the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment