Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'm Getting Old


Last night Dean and I met some friends at a 3 Doors Down concert. It was awesome, but there were a few things about the whole experience that indicated to me that I might be getting old.

1. When I walked in, I told our friend Lindsey that I hoped it wouldn't be too loud because I had a headache. Plus I wanted eardrums for many years to come. No such luck. Our seats were so close to the stage on the side you could actually make eye contact with the singers and feel bad that you weren't clapping or dancing because they could totally see who you were. At one point I thought the guy was actually going to call us out. By the way, the seats are not a complaint. Best seats I've ever had, actually. Thanks Heather!

2. We were definitely the people who sat during the opening acts. When the rest of the audience was sloshing beers around and wildly singing "Go home and get stoned!" (Yes, that's the name of their first radio single), we were sitting, amused by the whole thing. The band had incredible talent and they were fun to watch, but we were more spectators than participants.

3. I was slightly shocked every time the lead singer from the band Hinder dropped an F-bomb. Which happened at least once or twice a sentence.

4. Seeing all the grown adults (in their 40's or 50's) going nuts, spilling their beer everywhere (Dean and I were the lucky recipients of a beer spill), playing air guitar, truly looking like they wanted to go home and get stoned at that moment, I could only think "I wonder what these people's kids are like?" I also kept thinking how they probably need to grow up already. Man, I hope I'm not boring when I'm old!

Ok, so those are just a few indications to me that I may be getting old. Most of the comments were about the second band (which really should've been the headliner) Hinder. Weirdest band ever. Good, but weird. They're touring with Motley Crue this year so that should give you an idea.

The first band, Safety Suit, was great, we correctly guessed that they are believers (turns out that they met in college at Oral Roberts University). They seem to be doing really well and I hope they make it big. Funny thing is that we only stayed for two songs of 3 Doors Down, but they were the least entertaining band to watch. I guess Hinder stole the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment