Monday, January 26, 2009

My New Find


I've been hearing lots of negative things about dairy in the past few years... actually most things are related to animal protein in general, so I've tried to cut back on the dairy that we use. One thing I've never made Tommy do is drink milk (much to his pediatrician's dismay). But today I think I found something that he would be happy about. I finally brought home a carton of almond milk that I've been eying at Publix for the last two months or so. They only had the vanilla kind today but it was on sale plus I had a coupon, so it was almost cheaper to buy it than not to! As soon as I got home, I poured myself a glass and it's absolutely delicious!! And when I compared it to the carton of basic milk in our fridge, it has exactly the same amount of calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin A, plus it has vitamin E and a whole slew of other things. I can't wait to make Tommy try it!

Yes, I realize I am a little overly excited about almond milk.

1 comment:

  1. ok, this is exciting! (why is it that i only comment on your food entries...?!) i definitely will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete