Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Recap

Yet another amazing night at The Well. Seriously, if you live in the Tallahassee area and have not visited us yet, WHY THE HECK NOT?!? And even if you don't live in the Tallahassee area, you need to come see what's going on here, so plan a road trip! There was definitely an atmosphere tonight. I don't know if it was the red background or the huge band and awesome music. Maybe it was that we had our biggest crowd yet or Dean's strong message about not giving Satan an inch in the new Character Assassins series. Whatever it was, there was something electric going on there and it was incredible. And it wore my poor husband out! It's fun, because to sit in the crowd and listen to him, I keep thinking "That's my husband up there!" Let's just say I'm proud.

Tommy woke up a little earlier this morning than usual, probably because he was asleep before 8 last night, due to two days in a row with no naps. So this morning, right after he sat up in bed and immediately started singing the "Thomas" theme song, we went in the living room and I crashed on the couch while he watched whatever was on PBS (Curious George, I think). A little bit later, I woke up to a duck stuffed animal in my face and Tommy saying "Mommy, duck hungry". I asked what the duck might want to eat and he promptly responded with "Waffles". Something tells me he might be using that duck to get me to make him breakfast!

Over the weekend, I found a great new blog written by a friend of a friend. Ashley apparently goes grocery shopping for next to nothing, so I am determined to learn from her. I've always attempted to clip coupons but would forget about them until after they expired so I'm hoping to learn some new tricks. She's into combining coupons and making money off of buying things. I may not be so good at that, but I am certainly willing to learn. So tonight I sat with the Sunday coupons, scissors in hand, ready to clip anything and everything. I still need some practice when it comes to combining offers and things like that, but I'll figure this thing out. And now you can too!

Got a busy day tomorrow. Breakfast with a girl in my small group, get the dog to the vet at some point for her terrible ear infection, go to the gym, and have small group tomorrow night. And do all the mom and wife stuff in between. It'll be a good day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment