Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sicky





Company and fish. They both start to stink after 3 days. While I don't think we're stinky company (my parents have reassured me of that), Tommy's been sick and tired and so he's beginning to stink. But of course we still love him.

We've packed our days out down here. It's been fun and quite a trip down memory lane. Apparently my mom has saved everything we've ever done as kids and even gave Tommy one of the old McDonald's hats (think a way oldschool Burger King crown) that I used to have. Maybe I wore it? Not sure. But he loves it.

We've been wearing out our welcome at the duck park and I really showed my true colors this morning when we were feeding the rabid ducks. At least they seemed rabid to me. Then there were all these white stork looking things that kept following us. I do confess that at one point when they all started coming out of the water like a bad Alfred Hitchcock movie and running towards us, I threw the entire bag of bread crumbs and ran down the path. I may have knocked Tommy over in the process. So maybe I don't like big birds following me.

We also saw Iguanas. Since I've left here, South Florida has been overrun with them. They swim in my parents pool, run across the telephone wires (they have those down here), and lay in the grass sunning themselves. Gross. Tommy was scared at first but then decided he liked the "big yozards" (big lizards).

So tomorrow we're back on the road home at 7 am. I will have been up for a while by then. I'm tired thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment