Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Recap

Last night at The Well was awesome. I love walking in with the last group of stragglers as the music is starting, just watching everything happen. I am more and more amazed each week by the faces I don't recognize. I'm bad with names (working on that one), so I usually tell people that I wind up meeting them twice but after two times I'm good. Well, I'm still on my first time with lots of people. That's a great thing!

Right on, Matt , I totally felt like that message smacked me in the face. And I knew it would. I was so looking forward to hearing it (in the way that you'd look foward to getting hit by a semi). Dean brought up this point last night, but since churches are made up of imperfect people there are lots of imperfect things that go on. And Satan wants to use as much of it as a distraction as possible. And I'm not immune to being used as a distraction. That's one thing God's teaching me to pray about now. Not being distracted and not allowing myself to become a distraction. This is a lot easier said than done.

Living with (and sleeping with) my pastor shows me the unbelievable amount of work and trust and dedication it takes to preach. I've never for half a second thought I could ever do anything like that and Dean just makes it look easy. I am never more proud of my husband than on a Sunday night when he is preaching something hard, something that speaks to him just as much as it does everyone else (I think that's every Sunday night). And I never love him more than when he is sitting on the floor with Tommy just playing cars... or whatever Tommy wants to play with at that moment. I'm so lucky!!

I'm so glad it's cold again! This Saturday was my first FSU game of the season, but it really felt like football. When I watch it on TV and see people wrapped in blankets in the stands shivering, I'm secretly jealous. Most of my football game memories are of wiping the sweat off my face, and standing for four hours straight. Lawton and Sarah were awesome enough to just randomly call a few days before and offer us their tickets so we could go to the game and they could stay here with Tommy. We jumped on that one, thanks guys! Just before the game a little kid threw up in our seats. So we moved over a section. As my father in law said, can you imagine out of 80,000 seats, ours got thrown up in?

107.1 is playing Christmas music again!!! My heart always skips a beat when I first hear it and I get really giddy. And Target and Publix are decked out. This thrills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment