Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

I love being a stay-at-home mom. It's not all bagels and tennis like I thought it would be (who am I kidding, I haven't played tennis in 15 years!), but it's more than I could have asked for. But this morning Tommy wanted Dean instead of me. All morning. Normally I would've taken advantage of that and gone right back to bed but for whatever reason I felt bad for Dean and got up with Tommy, allowing Dean to go back to bed. Then I promptly fell asleep on the couch. While he piled toys on me. Gotta love staying at home.

I've been listening to Christmas music a lot in the car, and Tommy's getting accustomed to all things Christmas. He asks to hear songs about Santa (even though he's really afraid of him), he sings "Happy Birthday" to Jesus, and he talks about "de-owations" (decorations). Meme and Bebe (Dean's parents) will have a winter wonderland set up in their house in two weeks from now so they're trying to ease him into the de-owations slowly. There's a Tommy-size nutcracker in the hallway when you first walk in. He's terrified of it. Could be a long December.

I love teaching piano! I have 14 students and a Christmas/Holiday recital coming up in 3 weeks and the kids are pumped. It's so cute to see them get all nervous and excited and talk about what they should do if they mess up. Why in the world have I ever worked a normal job? I get to stay home, work 7 hours a week, and use some of this music knowledge I've acquired. Can't beat that.

I have an 8-year-old student who was looking at my piano, which is made by a company called "Cable". She asked me when they started making pianos. I wasn't sure what she was talking about since my piano is like 65 years old. Then she said "I thought they only did TV, computers, and phones." Kids today.

And those are just some random thoughts for this Wednesday. Tomorrow I get the famous weekly "bagels with Kate". Tommy thinks she actually lives at Brueggers so we'll have to fix that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment