Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday




Well maybe it didn't start out quite so wonderful. Let's just say I didn't vote for Obama. But we did have an election watching party last night with some of our fellow Well-ers. Matthew Robinson brought about 368 pigs in a blanket and a couple bottles of wine, Lindsey Naitove brought yummy rice krispie treats, and Kendra McCormick brought a patriotic flag cake (something our new president won't be wearing on his lapel. Sorry, I'll try to control myself).

Yesterday when I was reading to Tommy before his nap, he was in a good mood and called me a "funny wittow go" (funny little girl). He's so silly.

I took a picture of him smiling yesterday! I think that makes 4 total. He never smiles for the camera.

Matthew brought a Santa suit to the house last night and Tommy saw it. He's still saying "All done Santa costume!" Even just holding up the hat scared him. What's wrong with this kid?!?

We're heading to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow to see my family and for Dean to see his uncle. Mom already made cookie dough and is anxiously awaiting Tommy's arrival so he can cut out Thanksgiving cookies with her. We'll see how that one goes.

It's back to the library for baby time today! It's been on hold because of early voting for the past few weeks and Tommy is so excited to "shake your sillies out" again. So am I.

I'm attempting to go organic with our food as much as I can without going broke. Anyone tried New Leaf Market? It's kind of on the other side of town from us but I've heard it's got a great selection of produce at good prices. Let me know if I should check it out. Along with that, I'm really beginning to explore other healthy nutrition options, some that have been introduced to me by Tommy's middle namesake, Karen Knox . I'll keep you updated on that.

1 comment:

  1. When you go to New Leaf wear your Birkenstocks and say "Hi" to all my tree people friends as Dean would call us. Prepare to be shocked at what some food looks like without the preservatives.

    Sounds like y'all are having a blast at the beach and that is the way it should be.

    ReplyDelete